Friday, January 2, 2015

The Blood Knot (Fly Fishing Mysteries)The Blood Knot by John Galligan
My rating: 1 of 5 stars

I would estimate I have read about one thousand books during the last ten years or so. This is one of the only two books that I was unable to finish. Well, I was not even able to get through 20% of the text and with extreme effort I just managed to get to page 61. I simply do not have the faintest idea what the book is about. According to the blurb on the back cover, "This is not a fly fishing mystery. It is a riotous account of what happens when your life goes horribly awry and you run out of money in the middle of Wisconsin...". Well, to me it would help if the characters were in even smallest way similar to real people. Alas, they are not. They are paper cutouts reciting their lines. It also does not help that I am totally uninterested in fishing.

Hoping I have matured enough to read the book I just picked it a few days ago and opened it at the bookmark. Tried to read three pages and I did not understand a single sentence even though they are written in English, which I more or less know. I am sorry, I hate throwing books away, but in my view this one richly deserves it.

Why do I have to assign one star?

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment